Friday 24 July 2009

Yoga kills

I decided to take it easy today so I went to a yoga class at the gym. Big mistake! It was really tough and I basically am very unbendy. When doing side planks my arm was wobbling, and I definitely can't do head stands. The instructor was remarkable though - so flexible.

I'm going for my formal gym induction on Monday. I want to get some powerplate action as I've hear it is really good for weightloss. I think they'll put together a programme for me. It's exactly 2 months until I go to New York, so I'd really like to get to goal by then (9st 11lbs).
I've also got a 5k run on 6 September. If I could be 10st by then it would be amazing.

I also think I need to completely give up alcohol for the next 2 months, as it's just empty calories, and I've learned how hard it is to use up 200 calories on the treadmill. It's N's birthday party tonight, so this will be the first big test. I've been trying to find weightloss blogs, but most of the ones which come up on a google search are full of adverts for acai berry or green tea or similar bollocks. This much I know - losing weight is only possible by eating less and moving more.

No comments:

Post a Comment