Wednesday 22 July 2009

Live your best life

...is the strapline for the Oprah magazine. I had a bash at it today when I had my perfect day off. I woke early and went to the Post Office to collect some mail. Then I had breakfast and went to the gym. I got shown round and decided to take out a 5 day trial membership. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the stepper, and then a Reebok Reps class (lunges with weights). Then I bought some lovely food at Waitrose, came home and had fish with salad for lunch. Then I had a manicure (I can't type properly for the lovely gel nails!) and then I went to the cinema to see "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee"and now I'm watching Sex and the City on tv. Perfect. I may never go back to work.

The gym is a ridiculous £95 per month, but I think it's worth it. It's much better than the other one I visited. It has billions of classes, a massive swimming pool, and STRAIGHTENERS IN THE CHANGING ROOM. Genius. When I was on holiday my hair was curly all the time. S and N kept telling me how nice it was, and that I should leave it that way when I get home. But I just can't do it. I just feel better with straight hair. I think it's a reaction to a series of spiral perms I had as a teenager that my hair has never quite gotten over.

So tomorrow it's the gym in the morning, meeting S and little G for lunch, then work drinks in the evening. Oh, it's just so exhausting being this relaxed dahlink!

No comments:

Post a Comment