Monday 27 July 2009

Monday Monday

I'm just back from a rather weird gym experience. I was getting my formal induction and I'm fairly sure the fitness instructor was on drugs. She was exceptionally twitchy, distracted, and spoke very quickly without listening to me. It was my first time meeting her, so maybe she's like that all the time. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, for now. Anyway, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the cross trainer and about 5 minutes of weights. I don't really understand the machines so I felt like a bit of a dickhead. I think I'll stick to classes, you can watch other people to make sure you're doing it right.

I have been thinking about what I eat, and I'm actually worried that I might be slowing down my metabolism by not eating enough. For example today I had sultana bran with blueberries and skimmed milk for breakfast, an Innocent veg pot for lunch (which was SUPERdelicious) http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things_we_make/vegpots/ and then chilli for dinner, made with extra lean mince. I think that's barely 1000 calories, and I then used up about 300 calories at the gym. But I'm not hungry, and I've got plenty of energy, so I'll keep going in that vein for a little while yet. I'm also doing very well on the not drinking front, haven't touched a drop since last Thursday.

The tickets for The Shawshank Redemption at Somerset House (outdoor cinema) arrived today. I can't wait. Though I'll probably blub like a baby in front of my workmates.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know that your gym instructor, whom you have to trust implicitly is really screwed up!

    You have to take care when balancing energy through calories. I've found the nutritional tracking at www.sparkpeople.com really useful. It keeps track of my calories and tells me how i'm doing on carbs, fats and protein for the day. Plus it's FREE...thanks to a generous founder. Try it out, let me know what you think...

    ReplyDelete