Sunday 26 July 2009

Bob the builder


I am sweating and, unusually for this week, it's not because I've been to the gym. I have single-handedly assembled an Ikea desk, chair and bedside table. I now have the coolest duck-egg blue desk/dressing table at which I can make like Carrie Bradshaw.

I was a very efficient Ikea shopper I must say. I made a list of what I needed, and then allowed myself to go over budget by no more than £50 on random "must-have" purchases (which included a new dinner set, an apron, a mirror, a vanilla candle, a table lamp and some clip frames). I then ate the obligatory meatballs (on which I'm blaming a VERY upset stomach last night - ugh) and came home. No tears, no tantrums.

Also, note to self, don't spend money on a manicure before you have to assemble flatpack furniture. Doh.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the dressing table /desk. It has such Nordic charm.

    I thought it was just me with a penchant for ikea meatballs. I'm heading there on Thursday for my twice monthly fix. Your budgeting is admirable. It's so easy to load up the trolley with alsorts you didn't know you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute desk! Ikea is deadly, isn't it? No way I could go in there and not spend money.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Jenn @ Watch My Butt Shrink!

    ReplyDelete