Wednesday 29 July 2009

In which I am a shopaholic





Today I wore a suit to work that hasn't fitted me since 2005. It is a 10 in the trousers and a 14 in the jacket. Weirdly, I also came across the colour pallette I got given when I had my "colours done" at work in 2005. I am classed as "light" which makes sense as I have very pale skin which freckles a bit, burns easily and never tans. Turns out I do wear the right colours, as I have clothes in pretty much every colour in the grid. Also I remember one other piece of advice the style consultant gave me - as a curvy girl I should always choose rounded lapels and curved-toed shoes, never pointed collars or toes. I stick to this advice faithfully. My favourite pair of shoes (also my most expensive pair) are chocolate brown suede and patent leather Mary Janes by Moschino. They have an ankle strap and a curved toe. I love them, but I only wear them on special occasions - job interviews/ weddings. Maybe it's time to live a little and wear them randomly. It's always good to look down at your feet and smile, I reckon.

My favourite brands are, in alphabetical order:

Benefit (make-up)
Bravissimo (underwear)
Irregular Choice (shoes)
Nudge (Danish designers)
Oasis (all clothes)
Reiss (posh suits and frocks)

Also attached randomly above is a my favourite print by Tamara de Lempicka. I'm unsure how it got there and I can't seem to get rid of it so there it shall remain.








1 comment:

  1. Great news about fitting into those smaller clothes!

    My brands of choice at the moment are:

    George at Asda
    Tesco
    British Home Stores
    Crocks
    Matalan

    I am so cheap, LOL!

    ReplyDelete