Sunday 25 October 2009

Chilli frenzy

I was food shopping in Waitrose today and I got this inexplicable urge for chilli. So I bought some chillis, some chilli sauce and some chilli-flavoured Ryvita snacks (crisps substitute). Weird. So I'll be eating chilli-flavoured food for the foreseeable future.

I did 30 lengths at the pool. I am REALLY proud of myself -that's the most I've ever swum in one session. I even took to thinking about my breathing and swimming style. I think the next step will be to buy a swimming costume. Don't get me wrong, I don't swim naked, I wear a bikini. Once I get paid I'll buy a swanky Speedo one and a pair of goggles.

Talking of nakedness, I get astounded by how some women wander around the gym changing room starkers. There was a girl just in a bra and thong drying her hair this afternoon, and another one completely naked standing in the middle of the room slowly drying herself. Don't get me wrong, I expect a certain amount of nakedness in the changing room, but my approach is to minimise that by getting dressed as soon as is practically possible. Not to parade around showing my bikini wax to all and sundry. Takes all sorts I suppose.

I went to a Brazilian restaurant last night, which was completely brilliant. There was a live band, drumming and capoeria. We were dancing on the benches! I'll definitely be back. I kissed a boy, which was really fun. We had a good ol' snog for ages. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. Chilli, kissing and swimming- you live a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice segue from bikini wax to Brazilian food, lol!

    Great news on the swimming - and on getting a new costume!

    ReplyDelete