Sunday 9 August 2009

Wash the floors, Cinderella, do the dishes Cinderella

I am cooking dinner for 9 people on Monday. I've decided to do
  • cider and mustard chicken,
  • red pepper and courgette couscous
  • green beans with garlic and proscuitto in balsamic vinegar
  • roast butternut squash
  • salad

with plums and greek yoghurt for afters. The best bit about it all is that it's all low-fat yet (hopefully) still tasty. The less fun bit about having people over to the flat is that I have to clean the place from top to bottom. I am not a naturally tidy person. I can live with mess, as long as it's my own. Hence there are clothes drying all over the living room, piles of magazines on the floor and random crap pretty much everywhere. So far I've cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, next job is to tidy up the living room and mop the floor. Luckily I'm going out tonight for a picnic and a film (Somerset House again for the premiere of "The Soloist.") so I've got a reward for all the cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment