Sunday 2 August 2009

Start spreading the news

I've just spent a serious amount of money booking the New York trip. I ended up going for the Waldorf Astoria because it was only £150 more than the Affinia, and the latter hotel only had one double and a sofa bed, rather than 2 doubles. So the Family Gallus will be doing NYC Park Avenue styleeeeee! My parents are superchuffed.

I had a minor panic attack because my mum's passport expires less than 6 months after we leave the US, but according to the Department of Homeland Security and the US Embassy websites it's ok because the UK and the US have signed a waiver on that rule.

So all I need to do now is start saving my spending money! I'm sooooo excited. I've been to New York twice before and loved it both times. This time around I want to see the Statue of Liberty close up, and I want me and my parents to have cocktails in The Campbell Apartments,
http://www.hospitalityholdings.com/ which is next to Grand Central Station.

I went to an aerobics class at the gym this morning. It was my favourite so far - really dancey and fun and all the other women there weren't gym bunnies, just normal sized women (and one man, bless him.) Now I'm off to get ready for dinner at S and Ds.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, NY - sounds just lovely!

    Glad you enjoyed aerobics, wonder if that man did, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York. I'm delighted for you. You can't beat a spot of luxury!

    Odd men in exercise classes do remind me of stray sheep.

    ReplyDelete