Friday 26 June 2009

Living for the weekend

So another yawning chasm of a weekend beckons. There's something wrong if my busiest time is during the week and I have nothing to do at the weekend. I really should tidy my bedroom but that is genuinely the most boring thing in the world and I'd rather inspect my navel. Having said that, surely having a blog is the most acute form of navel-gazing there is. Ah well.

I'm increasingly getting the feeling that I'm keeping time until something exciting happens. And then nothing happens. Ever. The thing is, I'm not depressed or sad, I'm just a bit numb. And I know how happy I could feel and what would make me feel like that again, but there is little prospect of anything changing if I am tucked up in bed at 10.00pm on a Friday night.

On the upside, someone at work commented that I was looking very slim, which is the first spontaneous comment on my weightloss that I've received. I haven't done any exercise for about 2 weeks, so maybe I should get on with that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment