Sunday 14 June 2009

Claim to fame

I was on the phone to my mum tonight, and we were talking about a new Sunday night tv show, Hope Springs, which is set in Scotland, and stars Paul Higgins, who plays Jamie in "In The Loop." My mum then told me that I'm related to him. Apparently he's my third cousin or something. Some very distant bells started ringing in my head for some reason, and I asked my mum if he was in Godspell, which is a musical that I had a chorusline part in when I was about 11. She couldn't remember so I googled it and lo and behold, he played John the Baptist. So I've shared the stage with one of my favourite actors, AND I'm related to him. How weird!

I sometimes forget how much I enjoyed being in plays when I was a kid. I was in The Ugly Duckling (eponymous role, obviously), Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, Godspell, and South Pacific. And the funniest thing is, now I can't sing for toffee. I've got a truly terrible voice.

I made rhubarb and custard cake tonight, which is possibly the most delicious cake I've ever made. I had to taste it because I'm bringing it into work...that's my excuse anyway. I also tested out a new recipe, bang bang chicken, which is truly delicious - with a spicy peanut sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment