Sunday 20 December 2009

Blessings

Count your garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall.
Count your days by golden hours, don't remember clouds at all.
Count your nights by stars, not shadows.
Count your years with smiles, not tears.
Count your blessings, not your troubles.
Count your age by friends, not years.

It's been a funny old day. I've cried quite a lot, over various things that basically boil down to me feeling inadequate. And that's just no good. I understand why - I'm ill, because I'm run down, because I run about all over the place meeting people and doing things. I have packed my case to go home tomorrow, and I've never wanted to see my family more.

But I am very blessed, because I am healthy, and I've improved my health and fitness a lot in the past 7 months. And I have a lot of lovely friends, who are kind and funny and cheer me up when I am down. And I have a good job, and a lot of fun with my colleagues.

I think 2010 is going to bring a lot of changes. I am looking for a new job, and if I get the one I've applied for, I might even be able to afford my own place. I'm also going to stop actively looking for a boyfriend, I think the universe is has been trying to tell me for a while now that I'm better off on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment