Thursday 3 December 2009

Bad memory

I have a really bad memory. I forget events and conversations, especially when I've been drinking. So tonight I was at a work event, and I had to have dinner with some randoms. And I am quite good at making smalltalk. I can chat shit with the best of them. But it turns out that I'd met one of them before, at a meeting I'd chaired about 8 months ago. I had forgotten. He had not. He said that he'd been really impressed by how incisive I'd been about the issues. That is the nicest thing. I do not regard myself as incisive. But I'm sure as hell telling my new boss that's what a "key stakeholder" said about me. Hell yeah.

I'm going iceskating with my team tomorrow. As for the pub quiz, I figure I'll probably rock up to the pub and hang out with T, and have a laugh, whereupon nothing will happen. And that's just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment