Monday 9 November 2009

Hugging

I have never been a touchy-feely person, but I find myself giving hugs and getting hugs more and more these days. I hugged our admin worker the other day when she told me about her cats getting scared by the fireworks. I hugged my friend S when she was having a bad day at work the other day. And in some kind of hugging karma I got one back today, when a colleague at work (from a completely different part of the building) walked round to hug me after I'd sent an email to him venting about something or other. What a sweetie he is.

I have a date tomorrow off' tinternet. I'm completely not excited by it. If he turns out not to be a complete knobber then that will be a turn up for the books.

I accidently spent Friday night in the company of T (boy who said I was gorgeous the other week). Yes, he "turned up" again. And I did enjoy my evening, we talked random bollocks and got drunk together. And I hugged him goodbye and told him I'd had a really fun evening. BUT I'm not sure that I fancy him. And the spark has got to be there, hasn't it? Or maybe I should take Michelle Obama's advice:

"Cute's good. But cute only lasts for so long and then it's: "Who are you as a person?"
That's the advice I would give to women - don't look at the bankbook or the title. Look at the heart. Look at the soul. Look at how the guy treats his mother and what he says about women. How he acts with children he doesn't know. And, more important, how does he treat you? When you're dating a man, you should always feel good. You should never doubt yourself. You shouldn't be in a relationship with somebody who doesn't make you completely happy and make you feel whole."

1 comment:

  1. I like to offer and amendment to your advice if that is ok. An man should never make you feel bad..

    Asking someone else to make you feel good and whole adds a lot of pressure for that one person, and a failsafe way for them to fail. So do not expect a man or woman to make you feel good, make sure you make youself feel good. And never accept to be treated disrespectfully...

    I think we add to much stuff on the lists for other peoples to achieve for us in our life. That is not fair towards them.

    ReplyDelete