Tuesday 24 November 2009

6 impossible things before breakfast

So today I was asked to do 3 improbable and incredibly stupid things. I cannot keep a straight face when faced with such madness. I rant, I rave, I laugh, loudly, about the inbecility of the questioner. That is not a successful strategy. Neither is remaining stony-faced when asked to wax lyrical about something I think is a piece of crap.

So my best strategy is devising an exit strategy, and fast.

I went out with a work colleague, M, for 2 glasses of wine after work. I do not fancy him, and I don't think he fancies me either, which is great, as I just enjoy having a giggle with him, talking crap and moaning about work. The best thing about him is that when he sent me an email setting out how he was going to chase someone on a request, I replied saying "I assume you mean in a Benny Hill style chase" and we then spent the whole day emailing increasingly funny scenarios of how that might pan out. And making one another splutter at our screens, although we sit about 3 feet apart. Boys are funnier than girls. Fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment