Wednesday 13 May 2009

Strangely calm

I was walking home from the cinema tonight and the streets were eerily quiet. The sky is also a funny purpley pink colour. This has been a very strange day. I got one piece of bad news after another at work, and my response has been a slight shrug of the shoulder and a vague thought that it will work out alright in the end.

I think I have lost "the fear"; that little bit of edginess that keeps us (me) on my toes and ticking over about how to make everything alright. It's clear that I can't solve every problem, nor is it my responsibility to. I'm not entirely comfortable with this frame of mind, it makes everything seem a little bit pointless. My feet are beginning to itch. I think I need a new challenge, work-wise. How ridiculous, I'm actually actively seeking change.

No comments:

Post a Comment