Sunday 17 May 2009

Domestic Godless

Last night I cooked dinner for N and S. I made lamb souvlaki and my own tzatziki dip, with salad and couscous. The plan was also to make pineapple and coconut souffles for afters, but my egg whites wouldn't stiffen, despite a firm whipping (oooh matron). So I made the best out of a bad job by making pineapple and coconut cupcakes instead. They also didn't rise. It was rather a phallic evening all round - we were discussing circumcision versus non-circumcision over dinner, and I concluded I'd never seen a circumcised one - I really need to get out more.

I realised that the part of me that I'm most keen to get rid of is the flabby area just below my armpit. Whenever I wear a dress with straps, (as I did last night) it wobbles over and makes me feel like the Michelin woman. So the exercise I'm focusing on this week is upper body. Lots of punches and tricep dips.

The scales are currently being tipped at 11 stones 2. This is a definite improvement, as I was 11 stones 11 in January, and have been plateauing at around 11 stones 6 recently. I want to reach 10 stones 13 by the end of June. My overall target is 9 stones 10. Part of me would love to get smaller than that and be a dinky size 8, but I don't think that's sustainable. I'd also need to get a whole new wardrobe. Although the plan is to go to New York in August/September, so maybe I could treat myself to loads of new clothes then. I'm loving Gok's Fashion Fix at the moment, where he buys key pieces in signature colours, which all mix and match. Hmm, what would my signature colour be? Maybe green, as apparently that makes my eyes "pop."

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweets, come on hols with me. I've gained 4kg about 8 pounds since leaving london...all beer and thai curries

    ReplyDelete