Monday 4 January 2010

Philistine

I went to the Tate modern today and did not look at any of the exhibitions. Instead, I bought a diet Pepsi and looked out of the window at St Paul's Cathedral. For two hours. Two hours of thinking is not really a good idea. It leads me to all sorts of dark places. I am not really in good spirits, and I can't quite figure out why, there's no reason for it.

I got an STA travel guide to Australia to start thinking about where to go when I get there, and I just could not get excited about it. Why, when I've spent 24 hours (or more) on a flight, would I want to spend the next three weeks doing even more travelling around different parts of the country? I don't like beaches, I don't like countryside and views, and I don't like having to make smalltalk with strangers. So methinks one of those organised tours is most definitely not the way to go. My favourite holidays are city breaks, where I can wander round museums and shops, and go to nice restaurants. I really really want to go to Prague, maybe I should take myself off there for the weekend soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My name is Camilla and I'm from www.statravelbuzz.co.uk

    Love the blog. The whole work relationship thing can be tricky - I'm living it at the moment! Quite fun though, sometimes :D

    I just wanted to get in touch as I see you are off to do some travelling soon and I'd love to talk to about becoming an STA Explorer. You can check out the site to see what it's all about, but if you want to chat more then drop me an email at camilla@statravelbuzz.co.uk :)

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Cam

    ReplyDelete